About the NTAIBC
In the early 1960′s, a group of pastors and laymen felt a growing concern that an unashamedly Biblical, Baptistic, separatistic, pretribulational, premillenial association of churches be in existence. This concern led to a call for such an association at a meeting in Chicago. A committee was formed to formulate plans and to report to a meeting the following year in Denver. On May 28, 1965, action was taken at Beth Eden Baptist Church in Denver to create such an association, to adopt a provisional constitution and confession of faith, and to elect the association’s first trustees.
At Indianapolis, on June 10, 1966, the New Testament Association of Independent Baptist Churches was formally organized, with twenty-seven churches initially affiliated. Bernie Frey become the first NTA coordinator in 1972, but was suddenly called home to glory in April of 1974. Dr. Virgil Arrowood was called to serve as the NTA representative in 1974; he and his wife coordinated the work until his retirement in 1989. Dr. Earle Matteson served as the national representative until his retirement in 2000. Dr. Richard Paige served with the NTA from 2001 until his retirement in June of 2010. The current National Representative is Pastor Garry Thompson beginning his service in June of 2010.
The NTA was granted a Group Tax Exempt Number for its affiliated churches in 1976 by the Internal Revenue Service.
The Association was approved as an Endorsing Agency for Chaplains in the United States Military in 1985.
While the growth of the Association has been slow, it has been steady, numbering within its ranks many solid, independent Baptist Churches throughout the country. Membership currently includes one hundred twenty-five congregations. The Constitution of the NTABIC is simple, with strong safeguards protecting the autonomy of the local churches, yet providing the blessings of fellowship among affiliating Baptist churches. The Statement of Faith is clear and Biblical in every respect.
NTAIBC National Office:
2072 Highway 12
NTAIBC National Representative:
Pastor Garry Thompson (profile)
Contact the NTAIBC
• President: Pastor Dan Mooney, Gilbert, Arizona
• Vice President: Pastor Marlon Mielke, Milltown, Wisconsin
• Secretary: Pastor Wayne Vawter, Lebanon, Wisconsin
• Treasurer: Pastor Mark Fugate, Neillsville, Wisconsin
Treasurer Mailing Address:
Pastor Mark Fugate
Bible Baptist Church
700 East 15th Street
Neillsville, WI 54456
Trustees – Class of 2014
• V. Richard Jenson, Oakdale, Minnesota
• Ted Sutherland, Golden, Colorado
• Tim Spitsbergen, Tinely Park, Illinois
• Mike Forsberg, Elkton, South Dakota
• Clarke Poorman, Waseca, Minnesota
Trustees – Class of 2015
• James Barrick, Cody, Wyoming
• James Hines, Des Plaines, Illinois
• Scott Jones, Kenosha, Wisconsin
• Jerome Maart, Stacy, Minnesota
• Reed Owens, Hinckley, Minnesota
Trustees – Class of 2016
• Ralph Harmon, Boone, Iowa
• Lenard Huebscher, Stillwater, Minnesota
• Bob Loggans, Watertown, Wisconsin
• Julian Suarez, St. Paul, Minnesota
• Mark Poorman, Fridley, Minnesota